- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 sweet or spicy Italian sausages
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 12-ounce bunch broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 1 cup homemade chicken broth
- 12 ounces basil and garlic-seasoned polenta roll
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausages. Cover skillet and cook until sausages are brown and cooked through, about 8 minutes per side. Transfer sausages to plate; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add garlic to drippings in same skillet and stir 30 seconds. Add broccoli rabe and 1/2 cup broth. Cover skillet and cook until broccoli rabe is crisp-tender, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add polenta; mash with potato masher until smooth. Mix in remaining 1/2 cup broth and cheese. Simmer until polenta is warmed through, about 5 minutes. Season polenta with salt and pepper.
- Spoon polenta onto 2 plates. Top with sausages and broccoli rabe.