2 to 3 pound brisket
1 tsp granulated garlic
½ tsp salt of your choice
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp ground chili powder
1 large can crushed tomatoes
2 garlic cloves
¼ cup beef broth (water will work)
- If desired, trim off some of the fat and discard.
- Place the brisket in the basin of the slow cooker and rub all sides with the spices.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and broth (or water).
- Cover, set to low and put 10 hours on the timer.
- To serve, shred or slice the brisket. Spoon the pan juices over the meat, or if you’re up for it, pour off most of the rendered fat and puree the tomato-beef pan juices first until smooth, then drizzle over the brisket.