So you don't have a smoker and want that smoky flavor. We understand your pain. That's why our recipe master Russell came up with a fun, and equally trickster way, to get the smokiness of a chuck roast, without actually smoking it! Yummm!
- 1 4lb chuck roast
For the Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Combine sauce ingredients in a large bowl. Place the chuck roast in a slow cooker and pour sauce over it. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred meat with two forks, spoon out any large chunks of fat, and stir meat. Cook another 30-45 minutes.